Monday, May 28, 2012

New DIGGS

Time for a new Day! I have started my new job at Good Beer in the East Village of Manhattan. This is really allowing me more time to write and get things done. I just recently moved, which always proves to be challenging in NYC, but with a little help and rental car I was able to move everything with minimal pain. Nothing an ice cold Heady Topper beer from The Alchemist couldn't help to cure, as it was the first of the many delicious brews I will enjoy in my new place. This weekend, memorial day as it is, has been an adventurous one. While going through the farmer's market on the Upper West Side before a day of adventure on Matt's (coworkers) birthday, we came across a very interesting man. He digs up construction sites, by the river, in parks, and finds pieces of interesting glass and old bottles, dishes, and jars. He finds things that have been lost and would otherwise end up buried forever in a lost life and turns them into some of the most interesting pieces of jewelery I have ever seen. I can't wait to get one of my own, or a couple, as a window to a time and a place of the past. They each have a tag on them of when they were found and where and also what they are. My newest writing project, rather an old one that I never fully developed or finished is on Kickstarter now. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1001554489/extraordinary-lives-of-ordinary-people Help me fund it and soon (hopefully in the next year) i will be a published author. No more messing around. It is time to make this happen! Sincerely Yours, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment